Platform SSO: Is it possible to call presentRegistrationViewController(completion:) in beginUserRegistration?

In our implementation of Platform SSO, we would like to show custom UI in both the beginDeviceRegistration call as well as the beginUserRegistration call.

It works fine in the beginDeviceRegistration call when we use presentRegistrationViewController. When we try to apply the same logic in beginUserRegistration, the ViewController's view.window object is nil and thus using it to house our custom UI doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this is an implementation flaw on our part or if presentRegistrationViewController is only intended to be used in beginDeviceRegistration. The call is only mentioned in the context of registering devices, which makes us wonder if it is limited to that.

Any help would be appreciated!

• I should add: presentRegistrationViewController doesn't throw an error, it's just that the window is nil and we thus can't show anything.

• Another update: I discovered that you can definitely use presentRegistrationViewController inside of beginUserRegistration if you have not already used it inside of beginDeviceRegistration. So what I'm now wondering is whether we're doing something wrong or it's that you get basically one shot at UI and you have to choose between device reg and user reg.

Add a Comment