Can't Link to App Store for Private Apps

My company has some private apps that are distributed via redemption codes (no ability to do MDM in this instance). If I try and open the app in the app store it shows a "Cannot Connect" error message. Similarly, if I try and link to the app programmatically through the app (https://apps.apple.com/app/id<id>) I get "App Not Available" in the app store.

Both of these seem to have the same cause, and they mean that I can't link to the app in the App Store when I detect that an update is available. Is there any alternative for this to allow my users to more easily update the app?

Alternatively I think it would be good enough to link to App Store >> Account and have them scroll down to the Updates section, but my testing of it has shown that I can only link to the App Store, or App Store >> Account >> Subscriptions successfully. When I try to link to App Store >> Account it opens the bottom sheet but displays a "We've run into a problem. Please try again later." message.

What would the best way for me to make the process of updating apps easy on my users given these hurdles?