Emphasize your app over HomeKit. References to HomeKit or Apple Home should be less prominent than your app name or main identity.
Referencing Apple products
Adhere to Apple's trademark guidelines. Apple trademarks should not appear in your app name or imagery. In text, use Apple product names exactly as shown on the Apple Trademark List.
- Use Apple product names in singular form only; do not make Apple product names possessive.
- Do not translate Apple, Apple Home, HomeKit, or any other Apple trademark.
- Do not use category descriptors. For example, say iPad, not tablet.
- Do not indicate any kind of sponsorship, partnership, or endorsement from Apple.
- Attribute Apple, HomeKit, and all other Apple trademarks with the correct credit lines wherever legal information appears within your app.
- Refer to Apple devices and operating systems only in technical specifications or compatibility descriptions.
|Use HomeKit to turn on your lights from your iPhone or iPad.|
|Use HomeKit to turn on your lights from your iOS devices.|
Referencing HomeKit and the Home app
Use correct capitalization when using the term HomeKit. HomeKit is one word, with an uppercase H and uppercase K, followed by lowercase letters. Apple Home is two words, with an uppercase A and uppercase H, followed by lowercase letters. If your layout displays only all-uppercase designations, HomeKit or Apple Home can be typeset in all uppercase to match the style of the rest of the layout.
Don't use the name HomeKit as a descriptor. Instead use terms like works with, use, supports, compatible, or enabled.
|[Brand] lightbulbs work with HomeKit.|
|You can use HomeKit with [App Name].|
Don't suggest that HomeKit is performing an action or function.
|Back door is unlocked with HomeKit.|
|HomeKit unlocked the back door.|
Use the name Apple with the name HomeKit, if desired.
|Compatible with Apple HomeKit.|
Use the name HomeKit for setup, configuration, and instructions, if desired.
|Open HomeKit settings.|
Use the app name Apple Home whenever referring specifically to the app. On the first mention of the app in body copy, use the complete name Apple Home. Subsequent mentions can refer to the Home app.
|Open the Apple Home app.|
|Open the Apple Home app. Your accessory and room will now appear in the Home app.|