Updated agreements and guidelines now available
June 6, 2022
The Apple Developer Program License Agreement and the App Store Review Guidelines have been updated to support new features in upcoming OS releases, better protect users, and help your apps go through the review process as smoothly as possible.
Please review the changes below and accept the updated terms as needed.
App Store Review Guidelines
- 2.5.4: Deleted requirement that apps using location background mode include a reminder that doing so may dramatically decrease battery life.
- 4.2.3: Deleted requirement to include sufficient content in the binary for the app to function at launch.
- 4.7: Deleted restriction on lotteries or charitable donations in code that is not embedded in the binary.
- 5.2.5: If your app displays Apple Weather data, it should follow the attribution requirements provided in the WeatherKit documentation.
- 5.3.3: Deleted restriction on purchasing lottery or raffle tickets or initiating fund transfers in the app.
View the App Store Review Guidelines
Program License Agreement
- Definitions: Clarified where to find user limits for TestFlight.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.13, 3.3.17, Attachment 6: Specified requirements for use of the Apple Maps Server API.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.53: Specified requirements for use of the Roster API.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.54: Specified requirements for use of Sign In with Apple at Work & School.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.58, 3.3.59: Specified requirements for use of the Tap to Pay APIs.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.60: Specified requirements for use of the BackgroundAssets Framework.
- Definitions and Sections 3.3.61, Attachment 8: Specified requirements for use of the WeatherKit APIs.
- Section 3.3.43: Specified requirements for use of the Apple Pay APIs with WKWebView.
- Section 3.3.9: Clarified language on data collection.
- Section 3.3.12: Updated terminology on tracking preferences.
- Section 3.3.56: Clarified terms regarding use of Xcode Cloud.
- Section 11.3: Updated survival provisions to add Attachment 8 and encompass all of section 3.2.
- Section 14.10: Updated arbitration language for international, intergovernmental organizations that are immune from litigation.
- Attachment 2: Updated language on rental of content, and on sending purchase consumption information.
- Attachment 9: Specified terms for subscriptions purchased through the Apple Developer app.